Let’s talk about the pain of those who have a writing assignment on the horizon in the form of an essay about digital technology. Many students don’t want to spend their efforts and time but don’t spare money on services like WritingCheap. However, with our tips, you will be able to overcome such an assignment on your own and write it with ease. Let’s figure out how.
Features of essays
- Relatively small volume. As a rule, students write essays of 500-1000 words, but there are exceptions sometimes.
- Thesis. The thesis is the heart of your essay, around which everything is built.
- Specific topics. Because of its length, essays usually focus on narrow topics. Exploration of broader issues is usually done in other types of academic papers.
- Subjectivity. An essay is not a retelling of information you have found. Any professor expects you to give your own opinion on the question and problem at hand.
- Free composition does not equal its absence. Students must still follow the basic design of the essay: introduction, main body, and conclusion. Having a structure will help you stay on track.
- Lively language. The essay should be written in lively and explicit language. The only exception to the rule is scientific essays.
- Arguments and examples. To write a good essay, students should do research and collect data that will make a case for their arguments.
- Following the citation style. Each institution has its own citation style requirements. Students must follow it strictly, or they might receive a lower grade.
- Earn money by essay writing
Free composition gives more flexibility, especially when compared to strict scientific or journalistic material, but there are still certain rules for writing essays. Creating freely while staying within the rules is not an easy task, so let’s consider this point in more detail.
Imagine the situation — you are retelling a movie to a friend.
Think about where the story begins, how to approach the main point, develop it, and generalize. Actually, this is the basic structure of an essay written in free-form, lively conversational language. It is the easiest way to write essay about digital technology. Nothing supernatural, right? Then let’s move on to more practical advice.
The title reflects the topic of your work. Remember that the topic should not be too broad. You can’t write about digital technology all over the world. Choose a narrower focus for your research. You can describe examples of digital transformation of certain infrastructures in one of the countries around the world.
It could be the digital development of education, elections, or the digitalization of personal documents that will have the same value as the original documents. You can also review digital technology within companies that choose to move from analog to digital.
Introduction — the introductory part is used for a short formulation of the problem raised in the essay. For the introduction, 3-6 sentences are enough. It should also include the thesis statement.
The main body is the main text with an expression of opinion, reasoning, description of arguments, etc. The exact content of this section depends on the type of essay. The volume also varies, but on average, it reaches 2-3 paragraphs of text for the disclosure of the topic. Try to follow the rule — one thought = one paragraph.
Conclusion — the written work must be competently completed so that the reader is not left with the impression of “ragged” thoughts. Therefore, it is necessary to summarize all of the above, thus “closing” the topic. It is enough to provide 3-5 sentences.
Here, so to speak, are the four pillars on which the structure of the essay rests.
Period does not mean the end of the work
Don’t think that once you’ve written the last sentence, you’re free from your work and can turn in your essay. In fact, a good text, like a good wine, needs a certain amount of time to endure. Close the document and forget it for 1-2 hours. Try to take your mind off the topic of the essay, rest, and gain strength.
Of course, the text, unlike wine, does not improve itself over time — it needs help. Reread everything again; remember the basic rules of essay writing. Perhaps you will see a few mistakes and violations of logic. Or maybe remember an opinion that would improve the essay. Either way, you should carefully proofread your work and edit it until you are satisfied with the result.
We also advise you to check your work for errors. You can let someone you trust to read your work — a classmate, a friend, a relative, you can read it out loud from the end to the beginning, or you can use a variety of online spell-check services. No one forbids combining all three options. Before turning it in, make sure you’ve properly formatted all the references and used the appropriate citation style.
How to avoid mistakes in writing essays?
Our recommendations are designed to simplify the process and make the essay interesting and understandable to the reader. In addition to the basic rules, you should also take into account the mistakes that often happen to novice authors. Consequently, be sure to avoid:
- violation of the logic of the text – frequent jumping from thought to thought, clipping of thought, etc.;
- unreliable arguments;
- lack of logic between different parts of the text;
- lack of linking words;
- verbosity and sentences that can be removed from the text without losing meaning;
- spelling and punctuation errors;
- stylistic errors;
- swear words, slang, jargon;
- bureaucratic language.
Does an essay on digital technology differ from other types of essays?
Writing an essay about digital technology is no different from other topics like essay on IT topic. As in other areas, you will need to find trustworthy resources and give your readers only accurate information. When choosing a topic for your essay, try to think about whether your work will have any value for society. Perhaps, in the future, you can use your essay as a basis for writing more serious research – a Ph.D. paper.